projectDAL does not automatically gather any personal information from you, such as your name, phone number, or email address. This information is only obtained if you provide it voluntarily, through contacting us via email or through our online form. Any information that you choose to provide will be protected in accordance with applicable privacy legislation and Dalhousie University policies and procedures.
projectDAL and Dalhousie University will only use your personal information for the stated purposes for which it was collected, unless you provide consent otherwise. Your personal information will only be disclosed to or accessed by Dalhousie University employees with a need to know in relation to the purposes for which it was collected. Dalhousie University will not sell or rent your personal information to any third parties.
For more specific information relating to privacy, information use and our charitable designation, please read on below.
- The Internet domain and Internet Protocol (“IP”) address from which you access our websites
- The type of browser and operating system used
- The date and time you access our websites
- The uniform resource locator (URL) of the pages you visit
- If you linked to one of our websites from another website, the address of that website
- Your general geographic location
This information is used to help us make our websites (including projectDAL) more useful to our audiences by learning about the number of visitors, and by monitoring traffic patterns and the types of technology our visitors use. We do not track or record information about specific individuals and their visits.In some cases, the Internet domain or IP address of visitors could allow for individual identification, depending on the naming standards followed by your Internet service provider. If this concerns you, you may wish to ask them about their policies and practices.
Visitor information is not disclosed to anyone except Dalhousie University personnel who need the information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to a request.
Should you choose to make a donation or submission to projectDAL, providing personal information as in an email or by filling out an electronic form and submitting it to us through our website. we will use that information to respond to your request.
A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identification number that is transferred (through your browser) from a website to the hard drive of your computer. The cookie identifies your browser and will NOT let a website know any personal information about you, such as your name and address. Since cookies are only text files, they cannot run on your computer, search your computer for other information or transmit any information to anyone
- Monitor website usage and improve the operation and performance of our websites to make them easier and more convenient to use; for example, cookies help us remember who you are through your browser settings so that we can offer and provide more personalized services (e.g. language preference).
- Save passwords and preferences for you so that you will not have to re-enter them the next time you visit a website.
- Measure aggregate user traffic and demographic statistics related to the websites (e.g. number of users, average time spent, average age and similar statistics). This information helps us to better understand when to update, change or offer new services and provides us with details as to the performance of third party advertisements and content.
It is unacceptable for an employee, volunteer or other person representing the University to use undue persuasion or pressure in securing a gift. Dalhousie will adhere to the Donor Bill of Rights established by the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE).
All donors are strongly urged to seek the assistance of personal legal and financial advisors in matters relating to their gifts and the resulting tax and/or estate planning consequences. At no time should any Dalhousie staff member or volunteer involved in the solicitation of a gift serve as professional legal, tax or financial advisor to a donor or a prospect in matters relating to a gift.
Charitable Registration Designation
As projectDAL is operated by the Office of Advancement at Dalhousie University which is a charitable organization. Its Canadian registration number is: BN88680 6561 RR0001.